Thiru. Aman Sharma
PIN – 673310.
Phone 0490 2332222, 0490 2332960
Fax 0490 2336700
The Regional Administrator, Mahe is the Administrative Head of Mahe Region. He co-ordinates, controls and liaise with all Government Offices in Mahe region to render efficient, effective & transparent service to the public of the region.
He holds the charge of Deputy Collector (Revenue), Sub Divisional Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner (Excise), Electoral Registration Officer, Land Acquisition Officer, Deputy Secretary-Regional Transport Authority, Chairman-Mahe Planning Authority, Authorised officer-Mahe Municipality, District Child Protection Officer, General Manager PRTC/PTDC, Chairman-NRHM Local management committee, Chairman-RGAMC / Kendriya Vidhyala / Jawahar Navodhya Vidhyalaya / PECC / Indoor stadium Management Committee.
He also discharges duty as the Chairman of Local Level Committee of National Trust, Government of India and issue Legal Guardianship Certificate to the guardian of persons with Cerebral Palsy and multiple disabilities
Regional Administrator is the Head of Office for the following departments/offices:
- Office of the Regional Administrator
- Department of Revenue and Disaster Management (O/o DCR, Sub Taluk office, & O/o Sub registrar)
- Department of Transport
- Department of Tourism
- Department of Civil Supplies
- Department of Information and Publicity
- Department of Social Welfare
- Department of Women and Child welfare
- Department of Labour (Employment exchange, RLWC, O/o AIL)
- Office of the BDO
- Fire station, Mahe
- Government Press
- District Industries Centre
- Election wing Mahe.
The Regional Administrator also functions as head of office in the absence of other head of office in Mahe region
- Mahe declared as a Hut Free region in the Puducherry Legislative assembly.
- Mahe declared as Open Defecation free (ODF) region and it was certified as ODF from 28th March 2017 and subsequently renewed on 10.02.2018 by the Quality Council of India, a third party audit institution engaged under Govt of India’s Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Mahe awarded as the Cleanest District by Hon’ble Vice President of India at the Safaigiri-2017 awards function organised by the India Today group.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES:
- Issue of expenditure sanction up to Rs.75.00 lakh in terms of the G.O.Ms. No. 47/F3/2014, dated 9.12.2014 of Finance Department, Puducherry.
- Issue of sanctions for advance from GPF to Group “B”,“C” & “D” category staff of the region under the powers of the Head of Office.
- Improve/review/implementation of various schemes by various departments/offices functioning in the region
- Preparation of new proposals/review of the existing projects/monitoring the various developmental activities/ schemes.
- Arranging various Cultural events to promote tourism potential of the region.
REDRESSING OF PUBLIC GRIEVANCE:
- Every Friday, public grievances are redressed by Hon’ble Lieutenant Governor through Video Conferencing Facility in the presence of the Regional Administrator.
- Being the head of Mahe region, Regional Administrator is responsible for the redressal of public grievances, addressing the grievances by all means with the assistance of various head of offices or through the head of offices concerned.
- Further all online grievances reported through Central/State grievances portal, pertaining to Mahe are also disposed of by the Office of the Regional Administrator.
LIAISON ACTIVITIES WITH OTHER DEPARTMENT:
- Hosting & providing hospitality to the VVIP and other dignitaries visiting Mahe. Co-ordinating/conducting various functions of National importance like Independence day/Republic day/Liberation Day etc.
- Registration for extension of visa to Foreign Nationals/Police Enquiry/ and Forwarding of Verified documents to Home Department etc.
- Legalisation of various government documents, submitted by the applicants, for the purpose of authenticating the same before foreign embassies.
- Distribution of Gift Coupons/financial assistance granted to Ex-servicemen by the Department of Sainik Welfare, Puducherry.
- Arranging financial Assistance for funeral of Ex-Service men/widow of Ex-Service men.
- Selection of candidates for the admission to UG/PG courses towards the seats reserved for Kerala students in Mahatma Gandhi Govt Arts College, Mahe and seats reserved for Mahe students in the colleges in Kerala state under reciprocal agreement with Kerala Government.
- Supervision of various competitive exams and Departmental tests conducted by the Government of Puducherry.
- Arranging various training programmes for the employees of Government of Puducherry.
- Supervision of Law and order activities during political/communal agitations.
- As the Head of office of Information Dept, arranging for release of advertisements in local dailies in Mahe region.
- Celebration of National festivals and observance of birth and death anniversaries.